Public Relationship in Marketing Definition, Objectives, Functions, Activities and Strategies
What is Public Relationship in Marketing Definition?
Public Relationship in Marketing (PRM) is part of the marketing strategy and overall corporate strategy as a liaison between the company and its consumers. And the wider community through the delivery of information, programs, and convincing impressions, in an effort to show that the company and its products are in accordance with the needs, desires, interests, and interests of consumers.
So Public Relationship in Marketing Definition is the process of identifying, creating, and communicating value, as well as maintaining satisfying customer relationships to maximize company profits. The main purpose of marketing public relations is not selling (as in advertising activities).
But rather to provide information, education, and efforts to increase understanding through increasing knowledge about a product/service/company. Public Relationship in Marketing is a concept that is higher and more complete than ordinary advertising because it will have a stronger impact and be remembered by consumers longer.
Marketing Public Relations is a planned activity and a continuous effort to be able to strengthen and develop goodwill (goodwill) and build mutual understanding between an organization and society. Marketing public relations is quite effective in building brand awareness (brand recognition) and brand knowledge (brand knowledge). This development also has the potential to enter and even support the marketing mix, particularly the promotional elements in this mix.
- Public Relationship in Marketing is the process of planning, implementing, and evaluating programs that stimulate consumer purchases and satisfaction through communication on reliable information and through impressions that connect companies and their products according to their needs, desires, concerns, and consumer interest.
- Marketing public relations is part of marketing activities, the highest person in charge is the marketing manager, and the objective of the Marketing Public Relations activity is to support the objectives in the field of marketing.
- Public Relationship in Marketing Definition is the process of planning, implementing, and evaluating communication programs as a liaison between companies and consumers and the wider community, as well as part of the overall marketing strategy and corporate strategy.
- Marketing public relations is a process of planning, implementing, and evaluating programs that encourage purchase interest and consumer satisfaction, through the delivery of convincing information and impressions, in an effort to show that the company and its products are in accordance with the needs. , desires, interests, and interests of consumers.
- What are a Public Relationship, 10 Best Complete Descriptions
- Public Relationship Officer Job Description, 6 Best Explanation
- Public Relationship Skills, Top 10 Skills You Should Know
Purpose and Function of Marketing Public Relations
The objectives of Public Relationship in Marketing (PRM) are to gain awareness, stimulate sales, facilitate communication and build relationships between consumers, companies, and product brands. According to Kotler (1998), the objectives of marketing public relations are as follows:
- Build awareness. Marketing public relations places the story in the media to get attention to a product, service, personnel, company, or idea.
- Build credibility. Marketing public relations can increase credibility by communicating its message in a text editor.
- Encourage salespeople and distributors. Marketing public relations can help the spirit of salespeople and distributors. Stories about new products before they are launched can help distributors market them.
- Reducing promotional costs. Public Relationship in Marketing Definition costs less than postal and advertising costs. The smaller the company budget, the stronger the reason for using Public Relations Marketing to get attention.
The main function of Public Relationship in Marketing Definition (PRM) is to communicate credible information, provide appropriate event sponsorship and support social activities that benefit the community. The functions of Public Relationship in Marketing Definition are as follows:
- Providing education to consumers; education on the use of products that have been launched, education on products to be launched, education on product benefits.
- Launching a brand and or product; relaunching old brands, launching new products before commercial advertising, launching products when there is no budget for advertising, relaunching existing products, explaining introduce new products to the media (press launching).
- Build brand events.
- Developing public services to consumers; developing consumer information access to the company, following up on complaints both directly and from readers’ letters.
- Helping the media perform product tests; educating the media about the product, providing an understanding of how to use the product and its advantages.
- Inviting the media and the public to see the product manufacturing process; factory visits for the media and the public visits to the media or public places to socialize the functions and advantages of the product, providing the opportunity for the media and the public to test for themselves the greatness of the product.
Public Relationship in Marketing Activities
Public Relationship in Marketing Definition activities, tools, and media that can be used in a marketing public relations (PRM) strategy are as follows:
- Issue. Companies rely heavily on published materials to reach and influence their target market. these materials include; brochures, articles, company newsletters and magazines, annual reports, and audio-visual materials.
- Events. Companies can attract attention to new products or other company activities by organizing special events such as news conferences, seminars, outings, trade shows, product installations, contests, and competitions.
- Providing sponsorship funds. Companies can promote themselves and their company name by sponsoring sporting events and cultural events and highly valued causes.
- News. One of the main tasks of a public relations professional is to find or create favorable news about the company, its products, and its people, and get the media to accept press releases and attend press conferences.
- Lecture. More and more company executives are having to deftly answer questions from the media or give talks at trade meetings or sales meetings, and this appearance can build the company’s image.
- Community service activities. Companies can build goodwill by contributing money and time to good causes.
- Identity media. Companies need a visual identity that is immediately recognized by the public. This visual identity can be found in company logos, stationery, brochures, signs, business forms, business cards, buildings, uniforms, and dress codes.
Public Relationship in Marketing Strategy
According to Public Relationship in Marketing Definition, there are three marketing public relations approaches that combine traditional marketing strategies and mega marketing dimensions, marketing public relations requires communication from parts that are not part of the traditional marketing chain. The marketing public relations strategies are as follows:
- Push strategy. This strategy is where the company pushes its products through certain means. Producers aggressively promote their products to wholesalers (intermediaries), wholesalers promote to retailers (retailers) and retailers promote to consumers.
- Pull strategy. This strategy is used to build consumer demand so that it is very costly to create advertisements and promote them to consumers.
- Pass Strategy. Public Relationship in Marketing Definition has the power to influence and create favorable public opinion. The PRM program on the one hand is an effort to stimulate (push) purchases and at the same time provide added value or satisfaction for customers (satisfied customers) who have used the product. On the other hand, through public relations tips in organizing reciprocal two-way communication based on reliable information and messages, it is hoped that it can create positive impressions on the company.
Message in Public Relationship in Marketing Definition
The message in a Public Relationship in Marketing Definition and strategy must be designed and conveyed in such a way as to attract the attention of the communicant. Attention from the communicant can be achieved if in presenting the material for Public Relationship in Marketing Definition activities, various language styles are used as an element to attract attention to the message to be conveyed to the communicant.
The message criteria conveyed in the material for marketing public relations activities are as follows:
- Messages must be drafted and delivered in such a way so as to attract the attention of the communicant.
- The message must use symbols that are aimed at the same experience between the communicator and the communicant so that they both understand.
- The message should arouse the personal needs of the communicant and suggest several ways to meet those needs.
- The message must suggest a way to obtain these needs that are appropriate for the group situation where the communicant is when he is moved to provide the desired response.
The message conveyed must pay attention to the intended public situation, because they have different backgrounds and experiences. On the basis of these differences, different meanings will arise when they receive the message. If the messages conveyed by communicators are intended to influence the public, the message must be able to touch the motives that can drive or encourage public behavior.
W. Emerson Reck argues that Public Relationship in Marketing Definition is a continuation of the process of revenue policy, determination of services, and attitudes that are tailored to the interests of people or groups so that the person or institution can gain their trust and goodwill.
“Public Relations is the continued process of keying policies, services, and actions to the best interest of those individuals and groups whose confidence and goodwill an individual or institution cover, it is the interpretation of these policies, services, and actions to assure complete understanding and appreciations. “
This is in line with what Frank Jefkin stated, who said Public Relationship in Marketing Definition means creating mutual understanding.
Marketing in an era full of competition like now is not enough with conventional marketing models which are often known as 4Ps (Product, Price, Place, Promotion) but must be added with Public Relations in the face of increasingly fierce competition.
A good organizational image and products, that is the first key to winning consumers, if the organization or product is not known where there may be sales.
In general, the objectives of public relations are as follows:
- Creating a positive image of the company and its attributes to the external public or the general public and consumers.
- Creating mutual understanding between the company, product brands, and the public and stakeholders.
- Get support for all operational and marketing activities, both from the company and product brands.
Public Relationship in Marketing Definition and Strategies for Forming a Positive Image
The way you communicate, both inside and outside the company organization, all the events you organize and plan, your involvement in various communities, and even how you handle problems and crises that occur will shape your public relations strategy.
Here are some important points in a public relations strategy to shape the brand image of your product and company.
How a company communicates with other business entities, both internal and external, is how the company is perceived or described. Your corporate communication strategy is at the center of your company’s overall public relations strategy.
So, public relations in communicating important messages that must be understood by the audience is the expression of the voice of the company’s product brand which is also packaged in the corporate communication strategy.
Relations with the Media (Media Relations)
Media relations are the existing relationships between companies, product brands, and the press in general. The goal is to be successful in building relationships (media relations) with the right contact person for each news issue so that it is relevant and ensures that the company and product brand are well described by the media.
Whenever the company and product brand have any events, events, and activities that are good to report, then you can call and send a press release to the contact person. Press releases are news sources that create or create a symbiotic relationship between a company or product brand and the media.
Public Relations (Community Relations)
Your company and business are part of your community, community relations build your company’s business presence and general public perception.
To be visible in the community, there are many ways, including by being involved in various community programs that focus on empowerment and economic growth, education, public health, and the general environment.
Building CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
For now, almost all companies are required to have this CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) program. Where this program is to help carry out social maintenance and the place around the company’s operational area, the program is aimed at environmental sustainability around the company.
With programs that can benefit the surrounding community, the company can build an emotional bond between the community and your company and product brand.
How do you deal with unexpected situations or crises that could threaten the operations of your company and business?
Crisis management creates a series of tactical plans that will allow the company to keep operating as normal as possible while being able to go through a crisis and maintain a positive image of your company and product brand.
In order to keep the situation under control, it is very important to keep in touch both internally and externally. In fact, in very precarious situations or conditions that cannot be controlled, there is always a strategy for a solution.
An event or event in the company’s business is also a good enough marketing tool to introduce the name of your company, business, and product brand.
An event has many advantages and strengths to convey messages through many ways of media, from the banner text, product displays, jingles, and visitor experiences with the various events in the event.
So, plan company events as best you can, starting from when to choose the right time, suitable place and describing something, who will be the VIP and VVIP guests, who will enter the general invitation, and how the event will be held. Make a strategic and detailed plan, so that everything can run smoothly.
This is a review of Public Relationship in Marketing Definition, which is a medium of communication in marketing activities. With public relations, of course, your marketing communication will be more effective. Hope this information is useful for you.